Visit The Grand Strand, and you’ll probably see surfers in the ocean, but now you’ll see golfers riding surf-style from hole to hole at True Blue Golf Club. Now, golfers can grab a board – a GolfBoard that is – and hit the greens in Myrtle Beach! On Friday, November 6, the award-winning course became the first Myrtle Beach golf course and third in South Carolina to offer GolfBoards– an electric skateboard, designed for golf courses – as a rental option for golfers.
Powered by an environmentally friendly lithium-ion battery, the GolfBoard is an easy-to-ride vehicle that adds a new level of excitement for golfers of all ages. To ride the GolfBoard, golfers simply stand as if they are on a snowboard, skateboard or surfboard, grab the handle and enjoy the freedom to weave along the course.
GolfBoards cruise at a gentle five miles per hour, and can reach speeds up to 14 miles per hour. Each GolfBoard features a rack to hang a golf bag just like a normal golf cart.
The GolfBoards at True Blue Golf Club run for 36 holes before needing a charge, and feature five never-before-seen features on electric skateboards.
· 4 Wheel Position Traction – The GolfBoard is driven by front and back gear boxes rather than unreliable chains and belts. This feature ensures safety, reliability and low to no maintenance.
· Drivetrain – The four-wheel drive GolfBoard is guaranteed to provide solid transport even on the steepest hills.
· Intuitive Control – The GolfBoard is controlled using an ergonomically designed thumb throttle, allowing users to smoothly accelerate and decelerate, and power the GolfBoard on and off. The throttle mechanism also features an intelligent LED meter, providing details of when the GolfBoard battery needs to be recharged. It is specially designed to allow for intuitive, gentle, and smooth acceleration and braking. Hi/Low, and Forward/Reverse switches are mounted on the Stability Bar for easy access.
· 4” Turf Tires – The GolfBoard utilizes tires specifically made for turf use. With their reduced surface area and minimal tread design, there is substantially less impact and pressure on the turf than a fully loaded golf cart.
· Powertrain – The GolfBoard uses the highest quality industrial grade electric motors, drives, and on-board intelligent equipment to ensure complete reliability and long life.
“As the only course in Myrtle Beach to offer GolfBoards, we are very excited about this addition to True Blue Golf Club,” said Bob Seganti, director of golf operations of Caledonia Golf & Fish Club and True Blue Golf Club. “These GolfBoards bring on a whole new level of excitement to the game of golf. Many of our members, have already voiced their excitement about using a GolfBoard. Not only are they fun to ride, but they are safe and easy for golfers of all ages to operate.”